Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ice Cream


Just a short fic to satisfy my craving on a hot, humid day. :P

Ice Cream


You look at her, discreetly, while your fingers deftly peel off the paper wrapping on the ice cream cone and sigh. What did I do? You want to ask but her silence for the past fifteen minutes has been scaring you that you just don’t want to utter a word for now lest you might send her off the edge. Heaven knows how your tactless tongue can have a mind of its own sometimes.

But didn’t she arrange for this spur-of-the-moment meeting just now? From out of the blue, she said “Oppa, I’m on my way home from shooting. Do you want to grab some ice cream with me at the corner store? The heat is getting to me.”

And you readily agreed. Pissed off as you were from some unscrupulous comments you saw online about your friends, you thought an ice cream break and an unexpected meet-up with your favourite girl would be a breather from all the chaotic hoopla. You were simmering a bit and have been posting cheerful messages for your fans and chatting with them when she called. Ah, the unexpected freebies of dating someone, you mused while getting dressed. A silly smile plastered on your face. Suddenly, the world was beginning to be a better place once again, all because of her spontaneous call.

But you didn’t expect this silence. Or that frown, and certainly, not the little dagger looks she throws your way every now and then. Is she PMS-ing?

“How did the shoot go? Have seen some of the photos you uploaded on your site. In the last one you posted, you seemed a little tired,” you say very carefully. Going the concerned route is always the safest way to make a conversation when you don’t know what direction the wind is blowing.

She grunts in response, the ice cream on her hand seems more interesting than your face right now.

The interior of your khan seems to close on you as you wait for her to finish eating her ice cream. Yours is melting fast in your hands and you quickly lick it off. Maybe you both can talk later when all the ice cream is gone. You hope so.

Another ten minutes passed, the ice creams are gone from both of your hands and she is still not talking. She has just been staring ahead. And…okay, that’s it. You are not taking all this crap now. She has to talk to you.

“Shin Hye, what’s wrong? You haven’t talked to me since you arrived.”

She turns to you, her eyes conveying the words she is trying so hard to suppress. She is annoyed…and, you panic, mad?

“What did I do? Tell me.” If there is something you cannot stand, it is Shin Hye getting angry at you without knowing why exactly.

You hear her sigh heavily. “I knew you were upset over things posted against you and your friends online. I saw it this morning while I was online during my break. So I thought of inviting you out to talk and get some ice cream tonight. So I did, oppa,” she says finally, her voice strained.

You nod, trying to hide the little smile you want to give her for the thought. You know there is more for her to rant.

“But on my way here, I went online again, stalking your site like a certified Eel,” she scoffs at the words. “And what did I see, oppa?” Her voice is rising a little higher now. Oh, she is really irritated now, you can see that.

“Your messages were cheerful again and I was glad. But…” she pauses, inhaling deeply. “But…did you really have to post that topless photo?!”

You blink, once, twice. Incredulously, you ask, phrasing the question carefully, “So, you mean all this silent treatment is about that photo?”

You see her cheeks flush then her eyes darting from your face. “I haven’t even seen that photo yet! I didn’t know you have that…and, don’t you think that’s a little too revealing to post for your fans?!”

You shake your head. “It’s just fan service, Shin Hye,” you purse your lips to suppress the laughter threatening to spill off.  “And you haven’t seen that one? Are you sure?”

She pouts. “If I have seen that do you think I will be this surprised?”

You give her an evil grin, feeling naughty all of a sudden. “Well, I can show you that pose now, if you want?” you tell her with a wink.

She locks gaze with yours, her pupils dilating with shock, then, alarm. “Ya, oppa! Don’t you dare!” Her face is now as red as the shawl she wears.

You break into a guffaw. Ah, this is why you love this girl. She has your heart in her silver palm but you…you can turn her into a pile of incoherent mush anytime you want.



7 comments:

wengwa said...

waaahhh... what a nice and funny update hehe... but is there really a photo of JGS topless circulating right now? sorry, i haven't check it yet. anyway, tnx for the icecream, it makes my hot day, cold hahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha, you know I love you Raine! And you know I love all of your KS2H FFs… this was is reallllly funny! Ü Sukkie must have really been happy to see Shin Hye flustered over him showing half of his awesome-though-a-wee-skinny-for-me body. :P And he must have been humbled and touched to have her caring for him soo much. Awwww…

We should have some ice cream when we see each other again!

elhabe25 said...

Kyaaa...hahaha...Jossaaaa....i wanna be you...how come everything happens around you can produces such a cute beautiful story...whoaaah...this story is awesome...funny and beautiful...thank you Jossa >,<

Panda said...

Hi jossa, indeed, your updates are more frequent... luv it... ur writing always makes me hope that actually happened. wish I could write like u though.. looking fwd for more updates ^^

mee said...

short, cute, and oh so funny. Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

love your writing, always funny and interesting as watching YAB.

Can't thank you enough, you make my days really happy.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha fan service huh. Jang Keun Suk is so different than Park Shin Hye. He is a what a you see what get type and she is sensible and careful. They compliment each other perfectly. I love this fanfic.

Post a Comment